Is your heating bill too high? Are your floors cold and do you feel drafts? Rénoclimat can guide you in your home renovation projects to improve your home’s energy performance.
- Receive personalized advice on how to improve the energy efficiency of your home from a Rénoclimat advisor during a free home visit
- Reduce your energy consumption over the long term while improving your comfort at home
- Receive financial assistance
You can be eligible for financial assistance under the Rénoclimat program if you are:
- carrying out insulation work;
- carrying out work affecting your home’s air tightness;
- replacing doors and windows;
- installing or replacing mechanical systems (ventilation system, water heater, heat pump, geothermal heating system).
- Register for the Rénoclimat program BEFORE beginning your renovation project so that an advisor can visit your home.
- In the Rénoclimat program, there are approved organizations in every region of Quebec that can provide information about the program as well as energy evaluation services.
- Consult the list of approved organizations and contact them with your questions about improving your home’s energy efficiency, the Rénoclimat program, making an energy evaluation appointment or your file after you have registered.
The Rénoclimat program attracts a large number of participants. In some regions, the number of energy efficiency advisors available is insufficient to respond to requests for evaluation in the usual timeframe.
The shortage of certified advisors to carry out energy evaluations is particularly acute in the Outaouais and Chaudière-Appalaches regions.
Instructions for participants in these regions
All submitted energy evaluation applications are processed in the order in which they are received. Please feel free to submit your appointment request, even if our response times are abnormally long.
- For participants waiting for a pre-work evaluation : In order to benefit from the Rénoclimat program or the Canada Greener House Grant, you must not begin your renovation projects before the energy evaluation of your home. Please be assured that we will be prioritizing these types of appointments in the coming weeks.
- For participants who have completed their work : Unusual wait times are expected before your advisor contacts you to arrange an appointment. Keep all evidence of your work (invoices, photos, etc.) for presentation to the advisor during his or her visit.
Rest assured that we are putting everything in place to restore normal wait times.
More than 350 energy efficiency advisors work for the government’s Rénoclimat, Novoclimat and Éconologis programs across the province. This employment sector is growing rapidly, and there are labour needs in several regions of Québec.
Learn how to become an energy advisor now (in French only).
On May 27, 2021, the federal government unveiled the details of the Canada Greener Homes Grant, providing financial assistance for homeowners who are renovating their homes to make them both more energy efficient and more comfortable.
In Québec, homeowners will have to register for the Rénoclimat program in order to benefit from this grant.
What Greener Homes offers
The Canada Greener Homes Grant is open to owners of an eligible primary residence. The offered amount can be up to $5,000 and can be used, for example, for some heating and cooling system retrofits, envelope measures such as windows and insulation and some renewable energy measures.
When enrolling in the Rénoclimat program, be assured that your file will automatically be transferred to the Canada Greener Homes Grant program team. They will contact you to confirm your eligibility to the federal program and to inform you of any federal assistance you may be eligible for.
Participants who have completed their work and wish to receive information on the processing of their file at the Canada Greener Homes Grant program should contact email@example.com or call 1 833 674-8282.
The processing times of your file by Natural Resources Canada and the tracking of CGHG financial assistance are beyond the control of the Rénoclimat program management. Any inquiries on this matter will be directed to Natural Resources Canada.
For details about the federal program, please visit the Canada Greener Homes Grant website.
We wish to remind you that we do not engage in telephone solicitation or door-to-door campaigns to promote government energy efficiency programs.
If you believe that you are a victim of fraudulent solicitation, consult the frequently asked questions about this subject and find out what you can do about it.
Share this page