Is your heating bill too high? Are your floors cold and do you feel drafts? Rénoclimat can guide you in your home renovation projects to improve your home’s energy performance.
- Receive personalized advice on how to improve the energy efficiency of your home from a Rénoclimat advisor during a free home visit
- Reduce your energy consumption over the long term while improving your comfort at home
- Receive financial assistance
You can be eligible for financial assistance under the Rénoclimat program if you are:
- carrying out insulation work;
- carrying out work affecting your home’s air tightness;
- replacing doors and windows;
- installing or replacing mechanical systems (ventilation system, water heater, heat pump, geothermal heating system).
- Register for the Rénoclimat program BEFORE beginning your renovation project so that an advisor can visit your home.
- In the Rénoclimat program, there are approved organizations in every region of Quebec that can provide information about the program as well as energy evaluation services.
- Consult the list of approved organizations and contact them with your questions about improving your home’s energy efficiency, the Rénoclimat program, making an energy evaluation appointment or your file after you have registered.
The federal government has announced that it is ending the Canada Greener Homes Grant (CGHG) early. See the Natural Resources Canada press release for more information.
In Québec, this grant is accessed through the Rénoclimat program. Participants in Québec will have until February 19, 2024, to complete a pre-work energy evaluation. New applications to the Canada Greener Homes Grant will not be accepted after that date. At present, there is very limited short-term availability for energy evaluation appointments; applications will be processed, but the chances of receiving an appointment before the federal grant ends are very low.
The Rénoclimat program remains in effect, and will continue to offer all provincial financial assistance even after the federal grant ends.
The Canada Greener Homes Loan will continue and applications are still open. You must have completed your pre-work energy evaluation to apply for the loan. It is important to not start the renovations before you apply. Find out more about the loan.
Once your participation in the Rénoclimat program is complete and financial assistance has been granted, your file is automatically transferred to the Canada Greener Homes Grant team.
In order to validate your eligibility for the Canada Greener Homes Grant, Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) will then contact you by email to request that you forward certain documents without delay. Be sure to check your inbox and spam emails regularly to avoid delays in processing your file.
Check NRCan’s website for information on the Canada Greener Homes Grant (documents required, how to finalize the application, etc.).
We wish to remind you that we do not engage in telephone solicitation or door-to-door campaigns to promote government energy efficiency programs.
If you believe that you are a victim of fraudulent solicitation, consult the frequently asked questions about this subject and find out what you can do about it.
More than 350 energy efficiency advisors work for the government’s Rénoclimat, Novoclimat and Éconologis programs across the province. This employment sector is growing rapidly, and there are labour needs in several regions of Québec.
Learn how to become an energy advisor now (in French only).
Share this page