Is your heating bill too high? Are your floors cold and do you feel drafts? Rénoclimat can guide you in your home renovation projects to improve your home’s energy performance.
- Receive personalized advice on how to improve the energy efficiency of your home from a Rénoclimat advisor during a free home visit
- Reduce your energy consumption over the long term while improving your comfort at home
- Receive financial assistance
You can be eligible for financial assistance under the Rénoclimat program if you are:
- carrying out insulation work;
- carrying out work affecting your home’s air tightness;
- replacing doors and windows;
- installing or replacing mechanical systems (ventilation system, water heater, heat pump, geothermal heating system).
- Register for the Rénoclimat program BEFORE beginning your renovation project so that an advisor can visit your home.
- In the Rénoclimat program, there are approved organizations in every region of Quebec that can provide information about the program as well as energy evaluation services.
- Consult the list of approved organizations and contact them with your questions about improving your home’s energy efficiency, the Rénoclimat program, making an energy evaluation appointment or your file after you have registered.
January 17, 2022 - Because of the situation caused by COVID-19, measures are being put in place to contribute to the requested efforts.
To limit activities in the field, here are the latest actions and recommendations for the Rénoclimat program: the Ministry recommends postponing any planned home visits. However, the visit may be maintained if the owner wishes so. Delaying or maintaining the visit will be agreed upon with the participant when the authorized organization contacts the participant in accordance with the usual participation process.
You must obtain or have already obtained an energy evaluation of your home before starting your eco-energy renovation work in order to qualify for Rénoclimat financial assistance.
Health instructions for visits
It is essential to continue to follow the various health instructions to limit the risks associated with the spread of the virus.
The Rénoclimat program attracts a large number of participants. In some regions, the number of energy efficiency advisors available is insufficient to respond to requests for evaluation in the usual timeframe.
The shortage of certified advisors to carry out energy evaluations is particularly acute in the Outaouais region. Several measures are being taken to improve the situation:
- Starting November 2, 2021, a new organization will be taking over energy evaluations in this region: Expertbâtiment Services-Conseils.
- Recruitment and training of qualified candidates is already underway in the region.
- Advisors from other regions will travel to the Outaouais region on an exceptional basis to reduce wait times for pre-work energy evaluations.
Instructions for participants in the Outaouais region.
All submitted energy evaluation applications are processed in the order in which they are received. Please feel free to submit your appointment request, even if our response times are abnormally long.
For participants waiting for a pre-work evaluation
In order to benefit from the Rénoclimat program or the Canada Greener House Grant, you must not begin your renovation projects before the energy evaluation of your home. Please be assured that we will be prioritizing these types of appointments in the coming weeks.
For participants who have completed their work
Unusual wait times are expected before the new organization Expert Bâtiment Services-Conseils contacts you to arrange an appointment. Keep all evidence of your work (invoices, photos, etc.) for presentation to the advisor during his or her visit.
Rest assured that we are putting everything in place to restore normal wait times.
On May 27, 2021, the federal government unveiled the details of the Canada Greener Homes Grant, providing financial assistance for homeowners who are renovating their homes to make them both more energy efficient and more comfortable.
In Québec, homeowners will have to register for the Rénoclimat program in order to benefit from this grant. The financial assistance provided by the Rénoclimat program will be adjusted for each participant based on the work done and the amount offered by the federal program. The two amounts of financial assistance are not cumulative for the same measure.
Participants in the Rénoclimat program who received an evaluation prior to the announcement may be eligible to apply for the federal grant for eligible work completed since December 1, 2020. Eligible participants will be contacted by Service Canada to receive instructions on how to get the grant.
What Greener Homes offers
The Canada Greener Homes Grant is open to owners of an eligible primary residence. The offered amount can be up to $5,000 and can be used, for example, for some heating and cooling system retrofits, envelope measures such as windows and insulation and some renewable energy measures.
For details about the federal program, please visit the Greener Homes website.
We wish to remind you that we do not engage in telephone solicitation or door-to-door campaigns to promote government energy efficiency programs.
If you believe that you are a victim of fraudulent solicitation, consult the frequently asked questions about this subject and find out what you can do about it.
Share this page