Is your heating bill too high? Are your floors cold and do you feel drafts? Rénoclimat can guide you in your home renovation projects to improve your home’s energy performance.
- Receive personalized advice on how to improve the energy efficiency of your home from a Rénoclimat advisor during a free home visit
- Reduce your energy consumption over the long term while improving your comfort at home
- Receive financial assistance
You can be eligible for financial assistance under the Rénoclimat program if you are:
- carrying out insulation work;
- carrying out work affecting your home’s air tightness;
- replacing doors and windows;
- installing or replacing mechanical systems (ventilation system, water heater, heat pump, geothermal heating system).
Just want to install or replace your heat pump, with no other work?
Financial assistance is also available from Hydro-Québec if you want to carry out this type of work only. Make sure that you choose the best program for you!
- Register for the Rénoclimat program BEFORE beginning your renovation project so that an advisor can visit your home.
- In the Rénoclimat program, there are approved organizations in every region of Quebec that can provide information about the program as well as energy evaluation services.
- Consult the list of approved organizations and contact them with your questions about improving your home’s energy efficiency, the Rénoclimat program, making an energy evaluation appointment or your file after you have registered.
Financial assistance from the federal government
Since May 2021, the federal government also provides financial assistance to homeowners who are making renovations to make their homes both more energy efficient and more comfortable. Learn more about:
In Québec, you must first participate in the Rénoclimat program to receive these grants.
Natural Resources Canada will contact you
Once your participation in the Rénoclimat program is complete and financial assistance has been granted, your file is automatically transferred to the Canada Greener Homes Grant team.
In order to validate your eligibility for the Canada Greener Homes Grant, Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) will then contact you by email to request that you forward certain documents without delay. Be sure to check your inbox and spam emails regularly to avoid delays in processing your file.
Check NRCan’s website for information on the Canada Greener Homes Grant (documents required, how to finalize the application, etc.).
Eligible heat pumps: what’s new since January 1, 2021
The heat pump selected must appear on the list of eligible models at the time of installation.
The financial assistance varies mainly according to the installed system’s heating output; the installation and performance criteria has also changed. To learn more
Unsolicited phone calls - Remain vigilant!
We wish to remind you that we do not engage in telephone solicitation or door-to-door campaigns to promote government energy efficiency programs.
If you believe that you are a victim of fraudulent solicitation, consult the frequently asked questions about this subject and find out what you can do about it.
All across Québec, have a future-oriented career!
More than 350 energy efficiency advisors work for the government’s Rénoclimat, Novoclimat and Éconologis programs across the province. This employment sector is growing rapidly, and there are labour needs in several regions of Québec.
Learn how to become an energy advisor now (in French only).
Share this page