The Chauffez vert program supports homeowners who want to replace their oil or propane heating system with an electric system (or with another renewable energy source).
The replacement of an oil or propane water heater is also eligible for financial assistance.
Work must include removal of the oil or propane tank and dismantling of the current fuel furnace or boiler.
Make sure that you comply with the program’s conditions and requirements BEFORE carrying out the work.
Once the work is finished, you may submit your application for financial assistance.
For owners of commercial, institutional and industrial buildings
Some buildings that are not eligible for the Chauffez Vert program may be eligible for the ÉcoPerformance program.
Check the eligibility criteria for both programs (in French only) before selecting the Chauffez vert program or the ÉcoPerformance program.
By participating in Chauffez vert, you:
- improve the energy efficiency of your home;
- reduce your greenhouse gases;
- receive financial assistance;
- save on your energy bill month after month.
Other financial assistance
Converting a natural gas heating system to a dual-energy system
If you use natural gas to heat your home, you could benefit from financial assistance to convert your natural gas system to a dual-energy system that uses electricity as a primary energy source and natural gas as a backup source.
The procedure varies depending on your current natural gas distributor:
- If you are a Énergir client, go to www.energir.com.
- If you are a client of Gazifère, please note that the deployment of an offer for the installation of a bienergy system is currently being analyzed and could be deployed in the territory of Gazifère in a next phase. You can inform the distributor of your interest in a dual energy system by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unsolicited phone calls - Remain vigilant!
We wish to remind you that we do not engage in telephone solicitation or door-to-door campaigns to promote government energy efficiency programs.
If you believe that you are a victim of fraudulent solicitation, consult the frequently asked questions about this subject and find out what you can do about it.
Share this page