Estimate your savings!
You can estimate your future savings and see how fast your investment will be paid off.
Choosing a contractor
The dismantling and installation work must be carried out by one or more qualified contractors to be eligible for financial assistance from the Chauffez vert program.
Before the work is carried out, you will need to choose a contractor (who has a licence from the Régie du bâtiment du Québec, in accordance with current renovation regulations).
Here are some useful links.
- Before purchasing heating or air conditioning systems on the Office de la protection du consommateur website.
- Before hiring a renovation contractor on the Office de la protection du consommateur website.
- Register of licence holders on the Régie du bâtiment (RBQ) website.
The contractor you hire must hold a licence from the Régie du bâtiment du Québec and the licence must include the category and sub-category of the type of work that will be carried out in your home.
- Electrical contractors must hold licences that cover sub-category 16, issued by the Corporation des maîtres électriciens du Québec (CMEQ).
- Specialist plumbing and heating contractors must hold licences issued by the Corporation des maîtres mécaniciens en tuyauterie du Québec (CMMTQ).
- For heating system conversions: 15.1 or 15.4
- For wall mounted heat pumps: 15.1 or 15.7 or 15.8 AND 15.9 or 15.10
- For central heat pumps: 15.1 AND 15.9 or 15.10
Share this page