Conditions to be met
- The Chauffez vert program is intended for owners (individuals or companies) of homes or residential buildings located within the territory of Quebec.
- Representatives who are duly authorized to act on behalf of an owner may also participate in the owner’s name.
- Owners may apply for each home they own.
- be supplied with electricity from Hydro-Québec’s main grid, a municipal or cooperative network (in cases of doubt, see the list of ineligible networks);
- be habitable year round;
- be located within the territory of Québec.
The home must also meet the following criteria:
- have alternating current electrical service distributed throughout the home;
- be supplied with drinking water either from the municipality or a private source;
- be served by a municipal sewer system, a private septic system or a holding tank.
Participants will receive Chauffez vert financial assistance as long as they agree to do the following:
- use a contractor that has the appropriate RBQ licences for the work;
- be aware that the work concerned by their application for financial assistance from the Chauffez vert program will not be eligible for other governemental programs in energy efficiency, including Rénoclimat;
- allow a verification of the work to be performed at any time, starting from the date on which their application is received and during the twelve months after the financial assistance has been paid;
- consent to share personal information required to process their application.
You have a period of 6 months following the date on which you carry out eligible work to apply for financial assistance from the Chauffez vert program.
You must make sure that you meet the program’s conditions and requirements BEFORE carrying out the work. Once the work is finished, you may submit your application for financial assistance.
Not sure if the work or equipment you are considering will be eligible for the financial assistance offered under the Chauffez vert program? Contact our customer service department if you have questions.
Share this page