Receiving financial assistance
- respected the eligibility process and conditions of the Rénoclimat program;
- carried out the eligible work and received your post-work evaluation;
- and submitted your social insurance number (SIN) or your Québec enterprise number (NEQ) to Transition énergétique Québec.
Then there are no other steps for you to follow!
Your cheque for Rénoclimat financial assistance will be mailed to you generally 10 to 12 weeks after the post-work evaluation of your home.
If the completed work does not improve you EnerGuide rating or is not eligible for a financial assistance, you should receive a letter explaining the reasons within the same delay.
The Ministry must produce RL-27 slips (Relevé 27 - Paiements du gouvernement) for the recipients of financial assistance granted under its programs and requires this number to issue the slips.
- If you received financial assistance for personal purposes, the amount of the assistance is not taxable and you do not have to take the RL-27 slip into account on your income tax return;
- If you received financial assistance for business, organization or property operations purposes, the amount of the financial assistance must be deducted from the capital cost of the acquired property to calculate the capital cost allowance.
Should you require additional information regarding the tax treatment of RL-27 slips, please contact Revenu Québec directly.
Applications are generally processed within 10 or 12 weeks.
Various factors can have an impact on the processing time, including:
- missing data;
- additionnal verifications;
- quality control;
- analysis of the components of the mechanical systems installed in the home.
Please retain all proof of your work (invoices, photos, etc.) since Transition énergétique Québec might ask you for them after the energy advisor’s visit.
Even if there is an unusual delay in processing your file, rest assured that you will receive the financial assistance to which you are entitled.
For information on the status of your application, you can contact us. Be sure to indicate your Rénoclimat file number. You will find in your evaluation report.
Share this page