Receiving financial assistance
- respected the eligibility process and conditions of the Rénoclimat program;
- carried out the eligible work and received your post-work evaluation;
- and submitted your social insurance number (SIN) or your Québec enterprise number (NEQ) to Transition énergétique Québec.
Then there are no other steps for you to follow!
Your cheque for Rénoclimat financial assistance will be mailed to you generally 10 to 12 weeks after the post-work evaluation of your home.
If the completed work does not improve you EnerGuide rating or is not eligible for a financial assistance, you should receive a letter explaining the reasons within the same delay.
Transition énergétique Québec must produce RL-27 slips (Relevé 27 -Paiements du gouvernement) for the recipients of financial assistance granted under its programs and requires this number to issue the slips.
If you are an individual, you are usually not required to include this amount or attach this slip to your income tax return. Check with Revenu Québec for more details.
Applications are generally processed within 10 or 12 weeks.
Various factors can have an impact on the processing time, including:
- missing data;
- additionnal verifications;
- quality control;
- analysis of the components of the mechanical systems installed in the home.
Please retain all proof of your work (invoices, photos, etc.) since Transition énergétique Québec might ask you for them after the energy advisor’s visit.
Even if there is an unusual delay in processing your file, rest assured that you will receive the financial assistance to which you are entitled.
For information on the status of your application, you can contact us. Be sure to indicate your Rénoclimat file number. You will find in your evaluation report.
Share this page