The Rénoclimat program is for owners (individuals or companies) of homes located within the territory of Quebec who wish to renovate them and improve their energy efficiency.
You may participate several times in the Rénoclimat program for the same home.
By participating several times, you can receive financial assistance for each step of your energy efficiency renovation project. Take advantage of this!
Not sure if the home you just bought has already received a Rénoclimat energy evaluation? Whatever the case, you still need to register for the program.
We will conduct a new evaluation of your home to determine its current energy performance.
The different types of housing eligible under the Rénoclimat program are listed below.
- Dwellings (single family, semi-detached, row, and mobile homes, rooming houses, year-round cottages, etc.)
- Residential buildings with multiple units, not more than 3 storeys above ground, and a maximum ground area (footprint) of 600 m².
The home must respect the following characteristics:
- have no more than 3 storeys above the ground;
- cover a maximum surface area of 600 m2 (ground footprint);
- have an envelope that is in a suitable condition for the air-tightness test;
- have been built and inhabited for at least 12 months prior to participation in the program;
- be habitable year round;
- have at least 50% of its total floor area (including basement) used for residential purposes ;
- be located in the province of Québec.
The home must also meet the following criteria:
- be built on permanent foundations;
- include a heating system that can maintain the indoor temperature of the home at 21 C°;
- have electrical input power distributed throughout the home;
- have drinking water supplied by the municipality or a private source;
- have sewage services supplied by the municipality, a private septic tank or a sewage holding tank;
- have at least one bedroom, one bathroom and a kitchen area with a sink and a regular oven in working order.
Can a home be declared ineligible even if it meets the criteria?
- There are homes that have all the abovementioned features but are ineligible for the Rénoclimat program (examples: homes that are not sufficiently air tight or are too large; buildings with very unusual layouts).
- If the air tightness test cannot be performed during the energy evaluation of the home, it will be considered ineligible for the Rénoclimat program.
- If you have questions about the eligibility of your home, discuss them with the Rénoclimat energy efficiency advisor when you schedule your appointment.
Share this page