The Novoclimat program offers financial assistance to promote the construction of Novoclimat houses.
- The first owner of a new Novoclimat certified home receives $2,000 in financial assistance.
- Persons buying their first home, i.e. first-time property owners, have access to an additional $2,000 of financial assistance bringing the total amount of assistance up to $4,000.
- If an eligible heat pump has been installed, the owner will receive additional financial assistance. The heat pump selected must appear on the list of models eligible for financial assistance.
- The Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) offers a 15% rebate on the insurance premium with the purchase of a new Novoclimat home. For example, on a $300,000 loan with a 5 % down payment, the saving would be $1,539. (CMHC Mortgage Loan Insurance Premium Calculator)
- Certain financial institutions also offer mortgage rate reductions for the acquisition of an energy-efficient home.
- New single-family dwellings (detached or semi-detached houses, row houses), bi-generational and single-family housing with an adjacent dwelling are eligible for the Home section of the Novoclimat program.
- Heating in the home must be mainly provided by electricity, natural gas, or residual forest biomass.
- The home must be built by a builder who has received training and obtain Novoclimat certification from the BNQ.
Share this page